Google Chrome’s application shortcuts turn any web site into a separate item on your Windows 7 taskbar, but unfortunately many sites have low-res icons that make your taskbar ugly. Here’s the simple trick to make your taskbar beautiful again.
Once you’ve pinned a shortcut to your taskbar, you can still modify the shortcut properties by right-clicking on the taskbar button, and then right-clicking again on the name of the shortcut. From there, you can access the real Properties menu for the shortcut. Of course, if you haven’t pinned the shortcut to your taskbar, you can access the same Properties menu from the shortcut in the Start Menu.
Click the Change Icon button, and then browse to find a new high quality icon on your system—this can be one of the built-in Windows icons, but for best results you can find a better icon on a site like IconFinder. Make sure to grab the highest quality one you can find, download it as an .ICO file, and save that file in a safe location on your system—I put mine into my Dropbox folder.
Once you’re done, you might notice that it sometimes takes a minute for the change to take effect, but sometimes closing and re-opening the application helps speed the process along.
I’ve personally used this technique to use different icons for different sessions to the same web site, or just to improve the quality of the icon, like the Remember the Milk icon shown in the screenshot above, which you can download from here.
Do you pin web applications to your taskbar? What icons did you use to customize your own shortcuts? Share your favorites with your fellow readers in the comments.
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!
It cleans the following :
- Internet Explorer:
Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Mozilla:Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Registry Cleaner:Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more… also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third party Applications:Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Download From here
Is your friend always hiding in Invisible mode? Do you want to check out what display image your friend is using eventhough he is offline? Then here is the perfect solution….
Xeeber is one of the very good site that I have came across, accurate all the time. All you have to do is to just enter your friends yahoo id and the site will display the rest. Your friends status and also his display image.
I have tested the site and it is working pretty good. See this is girl is hiding from a friend of mine.
May be due to some heavy load this site seems to display a message ‘sever is busy for just few seconds’ sometimes.
Here is another site that works like the same as Xeeber.VNGrabber is also working good. TESTED. If you know anyother sites like these do add them in the comments section.
Visit the site Vngrabber
Hope these site come in handy to you….Go give your friends a surprise……
I have been enjoying Hindi FM channel using my Google Talk. Even you can enjoy listening to number of FM station within your Google Talk software.
Procedure is damn easy. This is done using Gtalk2Voip, it is a free and publicly open voice gateway for major Instant Messenger clients.
Here are the steps to listen to any channel listed below:
- Sign in your Google Talk application.
- Add this ID in your Google Talk email@example.com
- Now add another ID with radio station ID firstname.lastname@example.org Here 110 is ID for hindi FM station Teen Taal.
- Now make call to email@example.com, once connected enjoy hindi songs are random. Quality is just ok, but very useful when you have no other means to listen to some hardcore hindi stuff.
In case music stops, disconnect and try connecting again. Also, if 110 ID is offline, try to connect at some other time when it is online.
To listen to any of the above, add this in your Gtalk ID@radio.gtalk2voip.com, you will need to replace ID with the corresponding channel of your choice. For more information and details check this website. Enjoy the music!